Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Last Day of Class

Today was the last day of class.  Its been an interesting and educational journey.  There have been many times that I felt hopeless about what we've done to the planet and the direction its headed.  But, hearing individual classmates' plans for action as well as lesson plans for each of our Bible Studies, I'm filled with hope.  We are the seeds that can spread the movement.  And each small action leads to another.  All of us have been convicted, have shared ideas of what we are already doing and what we plan on doing, and have encouraged each other along the way.  As each of us reduces our impact and inspires others to do the same, the scales tip a little more in favor of the planet.

We cannot underestimate God's power of momentum in this endeavor.  I feel that God clearly wills good for all Creation - including us - and God has been moving among us and is breathing the spirit of New Creation into each of us.  The task may seem overwhelming - but like we - or our parents - promised at our baptism:  We will with God's help.

I'm going to continue this blog as an accounting of my journey - on both "Green" issues and my passion for social justice.  My hope is that writing down my frustrations, outright failures, and successes will keep me motivated to push forward toward's God's intentions for my life.  Even if I'm the only one to read it - its always nice to look back and see how far you've come.  Peace to you and Grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment